27 August, 2005

...my buffalo...

i'm back here in houston after a long trip back. i was so busy that i never got to post but i did get the chance to write it down while i was there in my buffalo so here it is:
i’m here in my buffalo. we've been having an awesome time. saturday when we got in we had lunch at anderson's (those of you who know what it is; we didn't get to have the icecream we were to full.) then we came back to my aunt's house and just hung out for awhile until she was done with this function with her church. then we all talked for a while. later on we were going to go to carrabba's for dinner but there wait was to long so we went to this place called tully's! (it's a sports restaurant) so that was really good. the yankees game was already over so i didn't get to see it. we came back home and talked for awhile and then went to bed. sunday we all slept in (this was weird for lauren and i as well as my aunt and cousin (one of them went to church because she's leaving for college on thursday.) because all of us never miss church) for lunch we ate at carrabba's and they sang happy birthday in italian to lauren and i. then we went to my uncle's house; which was good. i didn't get to see two of my cousins because one of them just went to miami for college and the other was working. but we got to talk and we are going to go to the bison's game with them on thursday and then have dinner and then leave to go back to houston. so i'm definitely excited about that because i rarely get to see them. after that visit we came back to the house for a while and then lauren and i went out to show her some of the stuff around tonawanda (one of my old houses (apartments) is over there) so i got to show her some stuff of where i grew up mainly. we went by my airplane park (kenney field), covenant academy (my old school), where my mom's father is just because i wanted to visit his site even though i wasn't born before he left us. then we went and saw some of my stepdad's family. we only stopped by both of his two sibling's families houses that live in buffalo. so it was quick but kind of nice i suppose. (we used to be friend's with the one family before my mom married him so it was nice to see my friend/cousin that is only a month or 2 younger than me. i really like him, we get along great.) then we went to ted's for dinner!!!! (all of you who know me know i love ted's; it's probably my favorite restaurant ever! their hotdogs are the best!!) i love my ted's!!!!! the we stopped by anderson's since the one we went to is right next door to ted's and we brought back ice cream so we could have cake and ice cream (because my aunt and cousins had gotten me a cake for my birthday but we kept being to full to eat it. so we finally did) then we started to watch vanity fair until we all got so tired we had to go to bed and decided we would finish it later this week. monday we were going to go to parkside candy because it is the best candy shop ever and the one of main street serves lunch. but they had an illness and were closed so we went to sweet jenny's which is my sister's favorite candy shop and it's even more special to her because it was my grandma and her spot. so we got some candy and then got jenny's ice cream (owned by the same person; just down the street). then my cousin wanted to get highlight's done so we dropped her off and then took lauren to a nail salon to get her nails done and dropped her off and then my other cousin and i went to dick's (only the best sporting goods store ever. my grandma every birthday would take me to flying tigers (because i got to choose) and then we would go to dick's so i could pick something out (because i got to choose).) and i got a yankees helmet!! it feels so good to be back home in my buffalo and be able to go to everywhere i know and show lauren so she can feel the same way i do about it. hopefully. but i doubt it. then we went to pick lauren up and they screwed up her nails really bad so we have to go back and get them to fix them. then we went to pick my other cousin some starbuck's because she absolutely loves coffee! so we went back to the hair salon to pick her up and sat there for about a 1/2 hour if not longer until her hair lady came out and told us that she had called a friend and left a 1/2 hour ago if not a little bit longer. so we started panicking and freaking out and trying to figure out why she didn't call us and so we tried calling the house to see if my aunt knew anything and the phone wouldn't allow us to call the house. so we started heading home and we see her walking towards the house leaving the parking lot so we all were freaking out yelling where were you?! and so it was crazy but our phones weren't working is all that it was but we all had a hear attack. so we got home and ate our leftovers and all calmed down from our crazy action packed day. then my little cousin, lauren, and i went to the walden galleria. so we spent a couple hours there and i got a bunch of stuff. and then we came home and my uncle just got home not to long before we did (he had drove his mom back to virginia because she's 91 now and can't fly or drive) so that has been exciting having him here. because he was the captain of the caronia and the QE2 and he just retired. so it's been nice seeing him. so we all relaxed and watched a couple shows on the tube and my cousin's friend was over. so that was nice i got to meet one of her friends and look at pictures of their times together. finally we all went to bed. tuesday we got up and got ready. we headed off to walmart to make copies of some of our pictures we wanted to give to others and so my cousin and her friend could get last minute stuff they needed for college. then we came back home and after my aunt got back from getting her hair cut we went to canada!! (where i'm from. haha. not really i was born in town of amherst, new york.) but my cousins, aunt, and uncle went to this play for my cousin for graduating. and lauren and i got to walk around and go shopping at niagara on the lake. so that was definitely exciting. we went to this family restaurant there and the host/busboy was really really cute!! so that was exciting. i tried to get lauren to help me get a picture so i could have it and so i could show jessica but she never got it and we went through so much trouble to get it too. then after there play was over we got some ice cream and then headed towards the falls. so we did a drive by hop- and - roll out of the car! haha just kidding. no my aunt and uncle stopped and we got out so lauren could see niagara falls, and the horseshoe falls while they drove around since parking is around $20. so we had a good time. i had used a full roll on pictures! i've taken so many pictures this trip it's awesome. i have taken about 6 1/2 rolls so far! so lots of develop and obviously pictures will be coming. then they picked us up obviously! ( i also got mark a real maple leaf!) then we came back home and not to long after we got home my stepsister jodi came and picked us up with her boyfriend and we went to duff's (it's a wing place not the originator of the buffalo wings but we hear the anchor bar sucks so we chose to go there and show lauren what the wings taste like here) and then we went back to her house and watched this show they like it's called something like dog: the bounty hunter. so that was interesting. they both like it a lot because they are both private investigators, so it's along their line of work. then jodi, lauren and i went downtown to show her around downtown buffalo. the bisons must have just won their game because there were fireworks going off. we went by the marine area and saw the haunted navy ships so that was interesting. then we stopped by tim hortons and got coffee because it is jodi's favorite. then we went to wegman's and got some more disposable cameras and film. we came home and we watched angels in the outfield and went to bed. wednesday we got up and got ready for our day. then we headed off to parkside candy. the best location of them; the one off of main st. so we had lunch there (i got the university sandwich; it has roast beef, ham, turkey, swiss & american cheese, complemented with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber slices. so of course i had the tomatoes removed. and i got it on rye bread. it's so good. it's definitely the best sandwich ever.) and then we got our candies and headed on over to my aunt's house.(the one i was just up there for her husband) and her daughter, her daughter's husband and kids were over so that was definitely a pleasant visit. they are so awesome. one of her daughters is my 3rd cousin and she was named after me and she is so awesome she just makes me laugh. she's 10 now. after this we headed over to old man river (i got a hot dog!!!!!) then we went over on the waterfront and just relaxed. we took pictures, listen to the water, watch the boats and the jet skis. just sat in silence a while and enjoyed every second of it. it made me realize even more, not like i haven't already noticed more this week, how much i miss my buffalo and how i so long to be back living in my buffalo. well we stopped by city hall/police station (they are joined together) so i could get a picture of my grandfather from my dad's side because his picture used to be up in city hall because he was the mayor, erie commissioner twice, and he set up the waterfront park. so i went in there and they are renovating so the picture was taken down so now i have to call the mayor and talk to them about getting it or a copy of it. it was funny how rude they were being to me until the found out who my grandfather was then they started treating me like royalty. after this we went back to my aunt's house to wait for my father to pick us up for dinner. well he didn't get there until 8:30ish so we ended up just grabbing something to eat from friendly's so that tasted good but it was not the most pleasantful meal. everything that i had been looking forward to with my dad didn't happen and it sucked. so when we finally got back to my aunt's house after hearing five thousand stories about absolutely nothing i was relievedv. but although of that i still want to be back here so badly. after awhile of joking around with my uncle and everything else we went to bed. thursday i got up and ate a quick little something and got ready to go to the store with my aunt to get some last minute stuff for my cousin since she is leaving today for college. then not to long after we got home my cousins stalker person came by to tell her bye. he seemed nice but just a tad bit on the odd side. hehe. and shortly after my other aunt came to pick us up. so after very sad goodbyes that i did not want to make we left and headed towards downtown. well my aunt's parents are moving so she ended up having to help them out so she dropped lauren and i off at dunn tire park to watch the bison's vs. skychiefs. well we got a little sunburned. we definitely were not thinking about this one. it's ok though we had a good time. while i was sitting there thinking about all the times i had been to the bison's games as a kid and what other events we did on those days it made me long for living in my buffalo again even more. and as i watched the game and enjoyed it lauren was watching one of the players she thought was cute. i asked her do you even know what's happening and her response was yeah the cute guy is over there being bored in the grass. so that was quite interesting. after this my cousin and aunt picked us up and we went to the galleria and walked around for a while and met my uncle at this restaurant there called jack astor's. it was really good. it was exciting hanging out and talking with them. then my uncle took us to the airport. well our flight was delayed so we ended up having to get it changed to friday morning. so my aunt came and picked us up. then we stopped at dairy queen and got some ice cream. then we had my cousin attempt to take a drive by picture as she hung half way out the car while we drove down main st. so she wouldn't miss the store and ended up taking a shot of the tree in front of it. so after this we went home and got ready for bed and then went to sleep. so friday morning we got up at 4 and got ready and went to the airport. luckily we had no more delays. so we arrived in houston about 10:45. suzanne picked us up and we ate lunch and went home. then i went to see my manager at pappasito's because it was his birthday and i had told him i would come see him and i had a gift to give him. then i came home and we dropped my film off (i ended up with 12 rolls). we came home and i slept until this morning. lots of interesting things have happened today which i would rather not speak of right now so if you would like to know just ask me. but i had a wonderful time in ny. but as i passed flying tigers it brought me so many more memories and i realized that yes one day i will live in my buffalo again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap! that was your longest post ever!! great having you (and lauren) back i Houston!! love ya...

CanadianYankee said...

hehe yeah i know!! it's because i hadn't posted all week and so i wrote everything that we did. thanks! love ya too!