12 August, 2005

phone call with mr. magnet poetry

i've been thinking about a phone call i had yesterday a lot. i got to talk to one of my friends that has given me advise in many of my hard situations that have gone on since about 3 1/2 years ago now. he's so amazing and it was really great to talk to him and know that he's been checking my blog to check on me. he told me that i sounded really well which meant a lot because he knows me so well. he's proud/glad of me for becoming a missionary and that just really helped confirm/reassure me of that. when i had difficulties in ANY situation i would turn to him and it was nice to know after about 2-3 months of not talking or seeing each other just because of our different schedules that he's still there for me as if nothing ever left or happened or whatever you want to say. when he told me he had been reading my blog it seemed almost as if he were just watching over me (the eye of the tiger haha. only he will get that... hopefully he will. let me know haha) while we weren't able to speak. it just felt good that knowing if i had been doing something to wrong or something he didn't agree with or think was right i definitely would have gotten an e-mail or a phone call telling me something i should change. not that i'm doing everything perfect but my mistakes are not way out there terrible or what not. and that the situation with my stepdad i'm handle better than i have before. just to hear that voice brought back so many memories and it was great. i always think of him when i hear outkast 'hey ya' or any john mayer song and it just makes me smile from ear to ear inside and i just get that grin on the outside knowing that no matter what our conflicts are i can always just type away to him and i'll have that advice or that conversation that i so long to have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ya...
Yup, I get it.
Grrrrrrreat!

CanadianYankee said...

sweet. hey have you checked out john mayer's daughters? i think i might use that for my father daughter dance whenever that'll be... i'm thinking i'll check out 1317 monday if i can but i'll let you know for sure.