13 August, 2005

¿today?

well today has been pretty ok so far. i did absolutely nothing this morning i just sat here in my room trying to think of something great to do and i couldn't so i just stayed sitting here and just thought about stuff. then i finally got hungry and i went to get some food and then he was there and it was just blah. it was semi-ok and then it just got really aggravating and i felt almost as if i was going to hyper ventilate or something. then my sister helped me do my hair. then michael and i got to go to the mfah and see the baseball hall of fame exhibit!!! it was so much fun! we had a good time and we had some pretty good laughs. while we were there we saw these two guys that were talking down about canadians and i almost had to jump them or mug them or something... but i kept my peace. i wanted to steal so many things and so did michael. just kidding. but really we did want a lot of the stuff it was just so awesome. and to me it felt like i was in a dream as i even got to touch a model of babe ruth's bat and as i got to touch and see so many other things. it was soo great. i really enjoyed it. that made up for any sickness of this morning. i just loved being there and being surrounded by something that i had such a great love for and that i used to help calm me down or get me out of so many situations (when i didn't use a brick... lots of them; which i haven't in a few months now (: it feels kind of good. but it's hard not to.) but then at the same time and i told michael too some of you know this that i got a scholarship to play baseball for a christian college in georgia (the coach is the scout for the texas rangers. talk about opportunities) if i were to accept and to go i would be the first women in college baseball ever (more opportunities) but with me going into the mission field and wanting to do it through kaleo i don't think this will work and today it hit me. my childhood dream has been shattered. me playing with the yankees will never happen. me playing with derek jeter (not because i think his is tremendously hot) will never happen. it finally hit me and it sucks. i've wanted to be on the yankees since i first saw a game and since i first held a baseball. i always wanted to do it to to make my daddy proud. even though i know he'll be proud of me no matter what. but when i told him i got that scholarship and that my dream may happen he was more ecstatic for me than he has ever been. i'm just upset and angry but also happy i'm going into the mission field. but it hurts. a lot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know that hurt...all i wanted all my life (as a child) was to play olympic softball...it has taken alot to get over the hurt of that but it was when I finally accepted that God's plan is so much better and he has been preparing me all my life to live to His will. Continue to surrender to his will and die to your own plans..the hurt will go away...its only natural though that would would hurt like this though!

Anonymous said...

i also wanted to runaway to NYC when I was 19 and starve my way to Broadway!

CanadianYankee said...

thanks shannon. i know it's just i've known it for a little while now but yesterday is when it really just hit me and i was like oh crap it really will never happen now. and knowing that i am good enough to do it sucks even more. i want to live out what God wants more than anything and i know i'll be happy and that it's right it's just the resentment part of it or whatever you want to call it. but it does hurt and yeah i'll get over it but i just got to work through it. don't worry about nyc you and i can still go but i don't know what i can do to help broadway hehe. well jessica i'm sure you would be a great rawk star. you can use that on your mission work.

CanadianYankee said...

thanks jessica you too.